Unquestionable Presence is the second album by the death metal band Atheist. It was released in 1991 and added a new sound by using jazz-like harmonies, subtle latin rhythms and unusual time signatures.
It is considered a landmark album in the genre of technical death metal.
Bassist Roger Patterson wrote the bass lines for Unquestionable Presence, but was killed in a touring van accident before the recording sessions took place. His work, however, can be heard on the pre-production demos included with the 2005 re-release. Tony Choy was brought in as a replacement to play bass on the album.
- "Mother Man" - 4:34
- "Unquestionable Presence" - 4:07
- "Your Life's Retribution" - 3:17
- "Enthralled in Essence" - 3:38
- "An Incarnation's Dream" - 4:53
- "The Formative Years" - 3:30
- "Brains" - 3:41
- "And the Psychic Saw" - 4:45
- Kelly Shaefer (vocals, guitar)
- Rand Burkey (guitar)
- Tony Choy (bass)
- Steve Flynn (drums)
- Roger Patterson (bass) (on tracks 9-15 on 2005 re-release)