|Release||January 25, 1996|
|Recorded||Endless Sound Productions July–September 1995|
|Label||Cacophonous, Century Media|
Stormblåst ("Stormblown" in English) is the second studio album by Norwegian black metal band Dimmu Borgir. It was released in 1996 by Cacophonous Records, and re-released in 2001 by Century Media. The album is sung entirely in the band's native language, Norwegian.
For this album, more keyboards were employed, and the guitars and bass became more musically textured. This is also the last album where lyrics would be written by Aldrahn (of Dødheimsgard and Ved Buens Ende) until 2003's Death Cult Armageddon. As well as being the last album to feature Brynjard Tristan on bass guitar.
The intro to "Guds fortapelse" is from Dvořák's Symphony no. 9 in E minor, Op. 95 "From the New World".
The song "Sorgens kammer" was plagiarized from the title track of the Amiga game Agony. The band did not know about this until 2004, when they were contacted by the game's creator about it. Keyboardist at the time Stian Aarstad neglected to tell them this, and as a result, the song was left off of their re-recording of Stormblåst.
This album is the single album that breaks Dimmu Borgir's trend to title the albums with three words, other than their newest album Abrahadabra.
The Century Media re-release has the lyrics sheets in the wrong order, and even has a few songs' lyrics missing (such as "Antikrist").
The lyrics to "Antikrist" are also missing on the original version from 1996, but on this album, track 7 ("Dødsferd") and track 8 ("Antikrist") are switched.
- "Alt lys er svunnet hen" ("All Light Has Faded Away") - 6:07
- "Broderskapets ring" ("The Circle of Brotherhood") - 5:10
- "Når sjelen hentes til helvete" ("When the Soul is Brought to Hell") - 4:33
- "Sorgens kammer" ("Chamber of Sorrow") - 6:21
- "Da den kristne satte livet til" ("When the Christian Lost His Life") - 3:08
- "Stormblåst" ("Stormblown") - 6:16
- "Dødsferd" ("Journey of Death") - 5:30
- "Antikrist" ("Antichrist") - 3:43
- "Vinder fra en ensom grav" ("Winds From a Lonely Grave") - 4:28
- "Guds fortapelse - åpenbaring av dommedag" ("God’s Damnation — Revelation of Judgment Day") - 4:24