|Reinventing the Steel|
|Release||March 14, 2000|
|Producer||Dimebag Darrell, Vinnie Paul, Sterling Winfield|
In Australia a two disc Tour Edition of the album was released. The first disc consists of the album proper, while the second is an unofficial hits compilation. This is now a collector's item.
An edited version of the song "Death Rattle" was used on an episode of SpongeBob SquarePants titled "Pre-Hibernation Week." This track was also featured on SpongeBob SquarePants: Original Theme Highlights released August 14, 2001.
Lyrics and styleEdit
Reinventing the Steel contains lyrics mostly about the band itself, as on "We'll Grind that Axe for a Long Time" (where the band members tell about how they have kept it "true" throughout the years, while many of their peers "sucked up for the fame") and "I'll Cast a Shadow" (about Pantera's influence on the genre). There are also songs about their fans, like "Goddamn Electric" and "You've Got to Belong To It." "Goddamn Electric" mentions Black Sabbath, and Slayer, two of the band's main influences. The band members dedicated Reinventing the Steel to their fans, whom they viewed as their brothers and sisters.
The cover art is a snapshot taken from the video of Revolution Is My Name, the first single of the album.
- "Hellbound" - 2:41
- "Goddamn Electric" - 4:58
- "Yesterday Don't Mean Shit" - 4:19
- "You've Got to Belong to It" - 4:13
- "Revolution Is My Name" - 5:19
- "Death Rattle" - 3:17
- "We'll Grind That Axe for a Long Time" - 3:44
- "Uplift" - 3:45
- "It Makes Them Disappear" - 6:22
- "I'll Cast a Shadow" - 5:22
- Phil Anselmo – lead vocals
- Dimebag Darrell – guitar, backing vocals
- Rex Brown – bass, backing vocals
- Vinnie Paul – drums
- Additional personnel
- Produced, Engineered, & Mixed by Sterling Winfield, Dimebag Darrell, and Vinnie Paul.
- Kerry King – Outro guitar on "Goddamn Electric"