|Frost Like Ashes|
|Origin||Kansas city, Missouri|
|Label(s)||Sullen Records, Psycho Acoustix|
Frost Like Ashes is a reputive black metal band that formed in Kansas City, Missouri in 2001. The band has released an EP and an album titled Tophet, and their songs have appeared on 2 compilations titled A Brutal Christmas and A Treasury of Sorrows. Previously signed to Psycho Acoustix Records and currently to Sullen Records, their music combines elements of black metal, death metal and thrash metal with keyboards and virtuoisic vocals notable for "switching between about 10 different extreme styles within a given song." Their lyrics have achieved attention for their harsh output, providing a Biblical point of view for the regular, cruel themes of black metal music. The band is also controversial for using the typical war paint style often associated with the black metal visuals.
Two of the band members, Azahel and Adonijah, were former members of a band called Possession. Frost Like Ashes was formed on the vision of guitarist, Sebat, who would recruit Azahel (Vocals) and Syntyche (Bass) in 2001 and begin what has become an underground juggernaut hybrid of Black/Death Metal. Adonijah (drums), Qoheleth (keyboards) completed the group and they released their first EP on SoTD Records in 2003. They were able to get on the bill for Freakshow 13 in Las Vegas, performing alongside such bands as Stavesacre and Mortal Treason. In 2004, The band parted ways with Syntyche and acquired the skills of new bassist, Ruach.
In 2005, after some frustrating delays, Frost Like Ashes first full-length CD, Tophet, was finally released. The recording has received many positive reviews and has helped Frost Like Ashes gain more popularity and notoriety.
In March 13, 2008, Blabbermouth.net reported that the band signed a record deal with Sullen records, an imprint of Open Grave Records, for the release of the band's new EP, titled Born to Pieces. The follow-up to the group's 2006 acclaimed album Tophet will be issued this May and will be available as a limited release, with only 250 units to be produced. Jarek of the Polish black metal band Elgibbor will be playing bass for Frost Like Ashes at their Cornerstone Festival concert.
- Azahel – Vocals (2001—Present)
- Sebat – Guitar (2001—Present)
- Jarek – Bass (2008—Present)
- Adonijah – Drums (2001—Present)
- Qoheleth – Keyboard (2004—Present)
Former members Edit
- Syntyche – Bass (2001—2004)
- Ruach – Bass (2004—2008)
- A Brutal Christmas (SOTD Records) – 2002 (compilation)
- Pure As The Blood Covered Snow (SOTD Records) – 2003
- A Treasury of Sorrows (Lifeless Records) – 2004 (compilation)
- Tophet (Psycho Acoustix Records) – 2005
- Born to Pieces EP (Sullen Records) – 2008
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Frost Like Ashes - Tophet, The Whipping Post
- ↑ Frost Like Ashes Interview.Rock-Impressions.
- ↑ Frost Like Ashes signs with Sullen Records March 13, 2008. Blabbermouth.net