|Brave Murder Day|
|Recorded||July 1996 at Unisound|
Brave Murder Day, named after the first three tracks of the album, is Katatonia's second full-length album, released in 1996 by Avantgarde Music.
The Century Black reissue of the album also includes the four tracks from the band's For Funerals to Come EP, while the later Peaceville reissue contained all 3 tracks from the Sounds of Decay EP. In 2004 Northern Silence Productions released the album on vinyl.
This album created a new guitar position with Fredrik Norrman's input.
The original version of the record went to pressing unmastered. In 2006, Peaceville Records released a mastered version of the album and included the Sounds of Decay EP as bonus tracks. The remastered edition also includes new liner notes by Anders Nyström.
- Jonas Renkse - Clean Vocals, Drums, Lyrics
- Blakkheim - Guitars, Bass
- Fredrik Norrman - Guitars
- Mikael Åkerfeldt - Harsh Vocals (session)
- Anders "Blakkheim" Nyström - Liner notes (digipack)
- David Castillo - Remastering
- Tom Martinsen - Art direction, Artwork, Design
- Bildhuset - Photography (front & back cover)
- Lennart Kaltea - Photography
- Dan Swanö - Engineering, Mixing
- Reesycle - Design (re-design) (digipack)